We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, current UK Data Protection Legislation and Internet best practice. You can use most of the features of any EiDYN websites without disclosing any personal information. A few optional features, such as newsletter sign-up forms ask you to provide some personal information (eg. name and e-mail address). If you have already supplied us with personal information, you can change your instructions at any time by contacting us.
EiDYN are fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with Data Protection Legislation and best data protection practices. This means that your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
- As accurate and up to date as possible.
- Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies.
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security.
How information about you will be used
Personal information that you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To process and respond to requests and enquiries received from you;
- To provide information about our services;
- To provide the services requested by you;
- To contact you about the services or products requested by you;
- To monitor client satisfaction;
- To keep our records up to date;
- To provide ongoing support;
- To recommend services that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above or research on our behalf – no personal information about you is shared;
- To collect information when you voluntarily provide feedback, participate in surveys or respond to emails.
Personal Data Access
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
Further information can be obtained on personal data and the law at www.ico.org.uk
EiDYN will only process personal information where we believe we have a lawful basis to do so which is gaining consent to provide the information and services requested from contacts.
Cookies and Tracking
EiDYN may collect information about the computer or device which is used to access our website. We use this information to improve the user experience, and to help us better understand the ways in which our website is used. This may include information about:
– The computer or device type
– IP address
– Operating system
– Browser type and version
– Time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is collected on an anonymous, aggregated basis and does not identify individual users.
Your rights where EiDYN is processing your information
The law in the UK gives certain rights to individuals whose information is being processed by a third party. The following is a quick summary of these rights:
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that EiDYN holds.
Correcting your information
EiDYN want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date, and so you may ask the Institute to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information
You have the right to ask to delete personal information about you if:
– You consider that EiDYN no longer requires the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
– EiDYN is using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent – see ‘withdrawing consent to using your information’ below.
– You have validly objected to EiDYN use of your personal information – see ‘objecting to how we may use your information’ below.
– EiDYN use of your personal information is contrary to law or the Institute’ other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information
You have the right at any time to require EiDYN to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where the Company uses your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest, or in exercising the official authority vested in it then, if you ask us to, EiDYN will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we may use your information
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to EiDYN use of your information. The right might also apply if the Company no longer has a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want EiDYN to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, EiDYN may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims, or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Withdrawing consent using your information
Where EiDYN uses your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time, and EiDYN will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Partners and Related Privacy Policies
MailChimp | ResDiary | Gift Voucher Solutions
We also make use of some simple image files provided by suppliers, such as Google Analytics, to help measure the usage of our site. They won’t make any noticeable difference to your experience, nor do they give away any personal data.